It’s never straight forward to crack the password of a Mitel phone system, especially the 5000 model. In my lifetime I’ve never seen a Mitel 5000 phone system hacked.
Default passwords exist on all phone systems but its the responsibility of your Mitel maintenance company to change it.
The default username and password for the 5000 system (now called MiVoice Office) is:
Whatever you do change this password from the default factory setting or anyone could potentially program your system from inside the LAN or even worse from outside.
System admin users on site can have their own passwords setup, however best to note that if you share the same credentials you could be blamed for programming mistakes.. Or even hacking.
Questions? Drop me a message..
You might also like...
- How to configure a SIP trunk on the MIVoice Office
- How to configure a Polycom conference phone for MiVoice Office
- Using the MiVoice Business Phone On-Screen Keyboard to enter information
- Configuring Mitel 5000 CP SIP Trunking for use with Paetec
- Configuring Mitel 5000 CP for use with X-LITE SIP Soft Phone